So we moved to Yucca Valley, California with the intentions of me driving to Palm Springs for work. That way we would be half way between my job and base so Joey wouldn't drive forever on a motorcycle. The house was newly remodeled and had an amazing marble bathroom with a double shower head. All was well in the house EXCEPT the slight Carbon monoxide problem. I woke up one morning to a carbon monoxide alarm going off and I had no idea what it was. Joey was in the field and I wasn't even on the lease in our house. I called 911- and they told me to stay away from the house and call the gas company ASAP. That would have been fine if it was a one time thing but this happened about 4 times a week for the first month we lived there. So in the middle of the winter I spent most of my days waiting for the gas company. Every time they came they found another gas leaking source. The gas guy, Tom, became my first friend in California. After having our house read a deadly reading of carbon monoxide over 10 times we decided maybe we should move on base. Not to mention I was at home with nothing to do... no vehicle so running and working out was my ONLY escape. Until someone told me Yucca Valley is a great place for convicts to hide out and I looked up the Meagans Law sex offender information. I found out there were 52 sex offenders in a 2 mile radius of us and we lived right next to the high school. So needless to say.... we put our application in to live on base.
Welcome friends and family! The purpose of this blog is to overcome the time zones, work schedules, and keep you all updated on our life. We love and miss you all!
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Our first house in California
So we moved to Yucca Valley, California with the intentions of me driving to Palm Springs for work. That way we would be half way between my job and base so Joey wouldn't drive forever on a motorcycle. The house was newly remodeled and had an amazing marble bathroom with a double shower head. All was well in the house EXCEPT the slight Carbon monoxide problem. I woke up one morning to a carbon monoxide alarm going off and I had no idea what it was. Joey was in the field and I wasn't even on the lease in our house. I called 911- and they told me to stay away from the house and call the gas company ASAP. That would have been fine if it was a one time thing but this happened about 4 times a week for the first month we lived there. So in the middle of the winter I spent most of my days waiting for the gas company. Every time they came they found another gas leaking source. The gas guy, Tom, became my first friend in California. After having our house read a deadly reading of carbon monoxide over 10 times we decided maybe we should move on base. Not to mention I was at home with nothing to do... no vehicle so running and working out was my ONLY escape. Until someone told me Yucca Valley is a great place for convicts to hide out and I looked up the Meagans Law sex offender information. I found out there were 52 sex offenders in a 2 mile radius of us and we lived right next to the high school. So needless to say.... we put our application in to live on base.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what a beautiful house- too bad it sucked. but i have to say- that toilet looks way too small.
I love the house but glad you moved so we could meet you!! :-)
Post a Comment